Post Frame Repairs: 7 Tips You Need to Know
Disaster strikes your building and you don't know where to turn....unfortunately, that is something that we have to worry about with living in the midwest. The weather is unpredictable. Turn of events are unpredictable. And, if you don't get your building repaired correctly...the longevity of your building can be unpredictable. We've put together a list of 7 tips to help you find the right builder to repair your post frame building.
7 Tips You Need to Know:
- Find a builder who is responsive: Someone who is available 24/7/365. If you reach them after normal business hours, they should have someone on call and available to assist you in an emergency situation.
- Find a builder who knows insurance: They should have extensive experience working with insurance companies. They should collaborate with your insurance adjuster making it easy for him/her to quickly process the claim and issue you payment.
- Find a builder who has specialists: Their crews should specialize on storm damage repair and renovation projects. Stabilizing and restoring damaged buildings can be complicated. It often requires deep problem solving skills where experience matters.
- Find a builder with manpower: Get your building back to normal! You'll want a builder who can mobilize crew power and equipment to tackle your job in a timely fashion.
- Find a builder who knows their engineering: Repairing damaged buildings can be risky. Your builder should have experienced in house engineers that will review your project to ensure your repair will be structurally sound. Giving you the peace of mind as if you had a new building.
- Find a builder who knows their permits: They shouldn't be afraid to help with the permit process to help facilitate a quicker start and completion time and get you back to your normal operation.
- Find a builder with stability: How long have they been in business? How many years of experience do their foreman have? Do they stand behind their work and will be there in the future to take care of you?
Those are all the tips that you should be looking for when hiring someone to make any repairs to your current post frame builder. After all, if your building isn't repaired correctly then the longevity of your building is predictable.
Do you have more questions that are not covered in this article? If you need help designing and planning, please contact FBi Buildings at 800.552.2981 or click here to email us. If you are ready to get a price, click here to request a quote and a member of our customer engagement team will help you determine the next steps of your project.
About Angie Dobson
Angie graduated from Indiana State University with a Bachelor of Science in Interior Design. Prior to joining the FBi team, Angie was a kitchen and bath sales consultant in Lafayette, IN. In 2012, she started with FBi as the Inside Sales/Marketing Assistant. Today she holds the role as Marketing Project Manager. Angie grew up in a farming community and has always enjoyed helping her family on the farm. A past 10 year 4-H Member, her passion for livestock pursued her to take a career in the agriculture field. Her and her husband live in Northwest Indiana with their two daughters. In her free time, she enjoys outdoor leisure activities and spending time with friends and family.